The Women Who Dare program is a way for ambitious women entrepreneurs of color to gain access to the powerful networks, mentorship, and capital they need to scale their businesses. Participants are chosen by the Women Who Dare Program Director and Advisors, working with partner organizations such as the National Women’s Business Council and Women Entrepreneurs of New York. The participants take part in a four-month program that includes a online business school, access to 1:1 business and financial mentors, and attending the Million Dollar Women Summit in New York City. This program addresses the unique challenges faced by women of color entrepreneurs and gives them access to capital, an expanded network, mentorship from successful women of color and help them overcome unique challenges facing women of color entrepreneurs.
- 4-Month online business course for women who want to scale up, taught by Julia Pimsleur
- Access to top business and financial mentors
- Work in small groups with coaches and peers
- Directory of resources available to entrepreneurs generally as well as
women of color (e.g., accelerators, pitch competitions, grants, loans, etc.)
- Online sessions tailored for women of color: raising capital and alternative funding sources, overcoming business challenges, and securing and leveraging a Minority & Women Business Enterprise (WMBE) certification
- Office hours discuss various topics of interest to women of color entrepreneurs
- Q&A sessions with successful women of color entrepreneurs
- Gathering of 200 high growth women entrepreneurs in NYC
- 1:1 coaching by successful female founders
- Pitch competition and one $50,000 winner
“The business and financial mentors I had access to in Masterclass helped me take my finances and business strategy to whole new levels.”
“In Masterclass I realized that even though I was always busy as a CEO, the bulk of my activities were not focused on the right things. Now I have shifted my focus to strategy, team and money – and the results are incredible! I have new partnerships, recruited stronger team members and turned my attention to fundraising more than ever. Thank you!!”Denise Hamilton
Women Who Dare is seeking support in the form of: Individual Philanthropy, Foundation Grants/Family Foundations, Corporate Philanthropy, Corporate Sponsorships and Mentors in business, tech and finance.